Friday 1 August 2014

Lies, lies, and more lies.

I really do hate lies. I like to know what I am actually thinking, and so I try to never lie to myself. But, I am amazed at how often I meet people who are doing exactly that.
And why? Not totally sure. Possibly it's that they just can't stand themselves so they build a different picture. Or sometimes it's that they refuse to face the consequence of their actions, so they convince themselves that that wasn't what they were doing in the first place. Or any of a myriad of reasons, really.
All I know is that people who really lie to themselves all the time are hard for me to deal with. I don't feel the need to point out to them their lies. They're almost never ready to hear the truth anyways, and really, it's their life. But, I am not going to validate their decisions and tell them how great they are. And inevitably if you're around them for any length of time that is what they want.

No comments: